It’s important to have a dream ~ a big one ~ to be able to live ‘in-joy’ and embrace all that you are. You have one. Whether it’s hidden inside or visible in the form of a vision seed map or a mind~movie or inspired through the words of passionate people. It’s there. This takes time but when done brings momentum to your moments and action to your day. It’s inspiring! Then, it’s important to keep that dream alive during moments of challenge and doubt.
So, now that you have your dream, How do you Keep your Dream Alive? It’s easy to let go of dreams when the struggle seems too hard. If you do not have that dream to hold onto, letting go of it can happen withing a matter of seconds. Why do you Mother’s have pictures of their children around? To remind them of their love for them and their role in their children’s lives. Why do you solo-business owner’s keep their mission statement in front of them? To remind them of what is really important in those difficult times.
How do I know how to keep your dream alive? Because, I’ve been there in those moments of struggle and doubt. I’ve been in business long enough to have them myself. It comes at a point when you allow the mind~minions is. Those thoughts that say “This is too hard” or “Why is this happening to me?” or “I’m done!” It’s at these points that you can either let go of the dream or keep the dream alive.
At these moments, I choose to keep the dream alive. I take a deep breath. Step away from the challenge and know that in everything their is a lesson and in everything their is an opportunity. I go to this formula for reinforcement:
KEEP YOUR DREAM ALIVE FORMULA:
1) Re-ignite Your Dream~ Go back to your why….look at your vision seed map, or Watch your mind-movie! That’s what I do and it gets me every time. I watch it almost daily but sometimes I forget or get moving before I can and sometimes, I look at it a few times to have it re-inforce my deepest desires.
2) Rediscover Your Belief ~it’s there deeply rooted in your soul, take time to listen to it. Ask yourself a burning question, like “is it REALLY time to give up?” Don’t you really want to know that answer or sit and stew? I douse a question like this one about my dream and always receive a powerful response from my pendulum!
3) Release your emotions & Rejuvenate ~ use the water element to release (take a bath, sit by a water fall ~or just imagine etc.) and let the water take the emotion out of the moment. Use the Fire element to rejuvenate (sit, in the sun, Burn a candle, etc) and allow nature’s warmth to envelope and rejuvenate your spirit.
4) Reward & Reconnect those achieving ~ Send those people you see growing & glowing applause. This brings joy into your heart. You can’t achieve your dream if you don’t have joy beaming from you! Take time to be around inspiring people to uplift your energy.
5) Resume ~ Get seriously focused, now! Do a time management survey. Sometimes, you simply need to look at how you are spending your time. I start by repeatedly asking myself this question: “What is the #1 thing I need to be doing right now to take productive steps toward my dream?”
6) Embrace the Journey ~ The destination is not the reward. Your dream will grow as you start reaching it. It’s the natural evolution and so, that ‘dream’ will never just be….it’s not the destination, it’s the journey. Each and every day you are on the path of the dream~ find that in each moment, be ‘ in-joy’ of it and offer gratitude for having it. This is your true reward.
The next time the struggle seems too difficult or you are challenged to Keep the Dream Alive, Try this formula and see how you will be easily re-inspired to touch all the people you are meant to touch! What else can you do to release the challenge, remember the passion and embrace the journey?